I can’t help but laugh when I hear Republicans screaming that Hillary Clinton lied about this or that regarding her emails. First of all, with Donald Trump as your candidate, you can’t take the high road about anyone’s lying — the man is putting up pants-on-fire numbers that may never be eclipsed.
Second of all, if you really expect any professional politician to be the epitome of truthfulness, you’ve forgotten some presidential history:
- Lyndon Johnson lied to us about the Gulf Of Tonkin resolution that caused an escalation of the Vietnam War that led to the death of over 50,000 young Americans whose names are now carved into the granite in their memorial in Washington, DC (not to mention an unknown number of Vietnamese).
- George W. Bush lied to us about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, which led to his dragging us into a war we should never have fought and, yes, the death of thousands of young Americans and untold numbers of Iraqis.
- Ronald Reagan lied to us about Iran-Contra.
- Bill Clinton lied when he said he didn’t have sex with that woman.
- I’m pretty sure George Washington lied about that damned cherry tree.
Now explain again how Hillary’s lies make her unqualified to be President. Sounds like a prerequisite to me.