Today on the Final Table radio show, we recapped the biggest poker stories of 2011, with help from two of the industry’s top reporters, Chad Holloway of Poker News and Kevin Mathers of AllVegasPoker.com. Among the items we discussed:
- the impact Black Friday had on players, tournaments, cash games, sponsorships, and the poker media;
- how near-live streaming coverage of the WSOP Main Event has changed the way we watch poker on television;
- the loss of most other TV poker shows, including “High Stakes Poker” and “Poker After Dark”;
- the launch of the Epic Poker League and its chances for success going forward;
- whether we’ll ever see Full Tilt founders Howard Lederer and Chris Ferguson playing poker publicly again;
- our picks for the person who had the most impact on poker this year.