For years, I’ve been conducting a science experiment in our kitchen and can now announce the results.
After hundreds of trials, I have determined that:
- if you fill a mug with water you need for hot chocolate or any other beverage;
- put it into a microwave with a rotating dish below;
- set the timer and push start;
- no matter how you orient the mug or how long you run the device;
- the handle of the mug will always end up as far away from the door as possible;
- thus making it even harder to remove the mug full of scalding liquid.
I’ve forwarded my findings to the Nobel Prize committee.